Monday, May 21, 2012

Cold Process? Hot Process?

A friend of mine called the other day and asked if I can make some soap with lower PH.  In a class she attended teaching natural Health & Skin Care topics, the instructor pointed if a handmade soap could be made in a lower PH form, the soap would be much much better than just regular handmade soap.  The reason is our skin is about 4.5-6PH, and the difference between the low PH of skin and the high PH of natural cold process soap 8-10PH and the incompatibility is what causes drying to the skin.

So I started to google around, wondering if this is practically true.....  even though I was not able to find any proof or confirmation of this theory up to now.  I did make two batches of Crock Pot Hot Process Soap for the reason that a hot process soap would result in lower PH when it's done cooking.

Colored with Bramble Berry Grape LabColor and scented with 65% Lavender, 25% Sweet Orange & 10 % Patchouli.  You have to smell really hard to feel the lightest scent of sweet orange & patchouli.  But I find these two essential oil do make the lavender standing out and became more attractive & appealing versus a its single tone.






Clay Trio: Colored with French Red Clay, French Green Clay & Rhassoul Clay.  
Blended scent of 45% Rosemary, 23% Patchouli, 16% Clary Sage & 16% Peppermint.
An nice, clean, herbal & super soothing scent.  (oh I love love essential oil!!)


Few days later, I gave a try on both soaps.  My skin almost cannot tell the difference.  Maybe I'm a bit on the dull side (not very sensitive, but my skin definitely can distinguish from the shop sold "fast" soap, M&P soap & the cold process soap).  It'd be interesting to know what the other soapers feel about......

2 comments:

  1. These soaps are absolutely lovely, you did an amazing job with the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Soap-making is always endless fun pack...

      Delete