Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sea Salt Soap & Herbal Castille Soap

I know I'm not the only & lonely soap lunatic out there.  It could be the chemical surge inside that bring happiness, enlighten the soul like morphine, sort of ☺

Made two batches of soap.  First is a "Herbal Castille Soap".  
* Cook water with rosemary, basil, nettle, raspberry leaves, Blue Bonnet, Lemon
  Verbena,  Lemon Balm & Chamomile.   
* Oil is 72% Extra Virgin Olive, 15% Coconut, 4% Mango Seed Butter, 3% Aloe Butter, 1.5%
  Grape Seed, 1.5% Jojoba & 3% Castor, 8% Super fat. 
* Scented with Eucalyptus, Chamomile, Tea Tree & Peppermint. 









Close up photo, I flipped it upside down so the soap surface from the mold is now at bottom.  See the gel part over the creamy layer.  I have no idea if the transparent (gel) will eventually turn to creamy color or not (???? will see)  and it could take 2 months to be fully cured.





This batch I'd call it "Refreshing Lemon Sea Salt Soap".
* Oil: 80% Coconut, 8% Palm, 7% Olive & 5% Castor.  15% Super fat. 
* 60% of oil Sea Salt.
* Scented with California Lemon & Peppermint.  BB Lemon color. 
* Add sugar syrup at trace for more bubble.  Chopped leftover soap from old batches.
I did not wait until heavy trace to add the salt so it really take me about 18 hours for it to be hard enough to unmold.



No comments:

Post a Comment