Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Soda Ash

Few weeks ago I stumbled into Jenny's blog regarding options to deal with a common problem for almost all soapmakers, more or less.  It just happened with one of my recent soap .  This is a batch of Black & White color theme.  I had Pearl Mica for the white part & activated charcoal for the black.  I did spritzed the top with alcohol and covered the soap but that annoying ash still decided come & stay.  This makes the top surface looks really blur, without the clear & crisp image I want.

So here it is the perfect thing for me to try this method Jenny did and it worked.


The ash floats especially on the white part.

Close-up of the soda ash almost covers the whole white part the 2nd day the soap log was cut.  And I know it's gonna spread and cover more area.  

After steaming (by holding the soap surface over boiling water), the soap is shining freshly.

A close-up on the surface.  It even enlarged the tiny crack line.....

Right after steaming,  the soap looks great.  Once they got dry, the sheen becomes a little bit dull but still nice.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that steaming worked to get rid of the ash, Jessie! And thanks so much for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete